WHAT ARE THE PORTUGUESE MINIMAL PAIRS PRONUNCIATION FLASHCARDS?
The “Portuguese Minimal Pairs Examples Flashcards for Anki” are a specially designed pronunciation flashcard deck for Anki, to help you hear, pronounce and memorize the most common Brazilian Portuguese minimal pairs. This digital flashcard deck features audio and IPA to reinforce your learning and make them more memorable for you.
Minimal pairs are pairs of Brazilian Portuguese words that sound very similar but have just 1 sound that differs between them.
Take for example ‘caça’ (IPA: [kasæ] ) meaning hunting and ‘cansa’ (IPA: [kɐ̃ŋsæ] ) meaning tire. These 2 words sound very similar but have different meanings.
When learning Brazilian Portuguese, it is important to recognize the difference between these Portuguese minimal pairs to improve your listening and speaking skills.
This is an essential Anki deck for those learning Brazilian Portuguese in order to learn pronunciation and improve your listening skills. We recommend learning the Portuguese alphabet and Portuguese IPA first before using the Portuguese minimal pairs deck. This is an exclusive deck only available in the Portuguese pronunciation bundle.
SAVE TIME WITH OUR PRE-MADE ANKI PORTUGUESE MINIMAL PAIRS FLASHCARDS
Although you can create your own set of flashcards for free, it can be very overwhelming especially if you don’t have any experience using Anki. To create an Anki deck from scratch can be time-consuming. On average it takes 3 minutes to create just 1 card. Our Brazilian Portuguese minimal pairs flashcards has a total of 286 cards and if you were to create your own from scratch it’ll take 25 hours just on card creation alone. This doesn’t include sourcing native audios, learning how to use Anki and studying the cards.
That’s why we created our own Anki Portuguese minimal pairs examples flashcards for you. It is quick to install and allows you to not only save time but allows you to focus on learning the differences in sound between the most common Portuguese words.
Language: Portuguese (Brazilian)
Flashcards: 286 (143 Brazilian Portuguese Minimal Pairs Examples x 2 Card Types)
Time: Approx. 2-3 months to Complete
Difficulty: Easy/ Beginners
Anki Portuguese Minimal Pairs Examples Flashcards:This is a set of 286 Anki flashcards pre-made for Portuguese (Brazilian) learners. Each flashcard contains 2 Portuguese words, the IPA of the words and native audio. By using this Anki deck you will be able to:
- Pronounce each type of sound found in Portuguese language correctly with IPA and native Brazilian Portuguese pronunciation audios
- Test yourself to hear the differences between very similar-sounding Brazilian Portuguese words, thereby, improving your listening comprehension
- Be familiar with several common Brazilian Portuguese words, as our minimal pair words come from the 10,000 most frequently used Portuguese words.
- Gain more confidence to learn more of the Portuguese Language
Who is this for?
This is for individuals who are beginners in learning Brazilian Portuguese. The pre-made Anki deck is suitable for individuals who would like to start learning the basics of Portuguese without the hassle and time-consuming process of creating your own Portuguese minimal pairs flashcards from scratch. If you are struggling to hear or pronounce the difference between words that sound similar, this deck will help you practice and learn the minimal pairs found in the top 10,000 words in Portuguese. We suggest learning Portuguese minimal pairs after you have learnt the Portuguese alphabet and Portuguese IPA.
Where are the Portuguese Minimal Pair Words Sourced From?
We developed our own process to painstakingly analyze the thousands of words in Brazilian Portuguese. We found a list of top minimal pairs from those Portuguese words. Our technology discovered pairs of words that sound similar but have just 1 sound that is different. Our technology discovered pairs of words that sound similar but have just 1 sound that is different. Due to those slight sound differences, those minimal pair words have very distinct meanings. Although, Portuguese learners can often be mispronounced or misunderstand these minimal pairs when speaking Portuguese and listening to Portuguese.
What Is Included?
- 286 flashcards already made for you to learn the 143 most common Portuguese minimal pairs examples. Each flashcard includes the minimal pair of Portuguese words, their IPA, and native audio.
- The Anki Portuguese Minimal Pairs Examples Flashcards set uses 2 different types of flashcards, which is 1 flashcard for each minimal pair word.
- Ready to install Anki flashcard deck to start learning Portuguese instantly!
What Will I Learn?
- Learn Portuguese Pronunciation with Minimal Pairs – Get familiar with the 143 most common Brazilian Portuguese sounds via Portuguese minimal pair words, which are part of the fundamentals of the entire Brazilian Portuguese language. The Trainer includes a flashcard for each minimal pair, which includes an IPA and native audio for each word to help you with the correct pronunciation.
- Test Your Knowledge of the Portuguese Minimal Pairs – Use spaced repetition included in our Portuguese Minimal Pair Pronunciation Anki deck so that you can regularly check your listening comprehension and pronunciation of the Portuguese minimal words, and see how you’re progressing, and focus only on the most difficult Brazilian Portuguese sounds.
- Memorize Portuguese pronunciation easily – As you study the Portuguese Minimal Pairs Trainer over 2 to 3 months, you will have memorized all of the top 143 most common Portuguese minimal pair words and sounds of the Brazilian Portuguese language. Then, you’ll have more confidence speaking and listening in Portuguese and take your Brazilian Portuguese study even further.
2 FLASHCARD TYPES FOR EACH OF THE 143 PORTUGUESE MINIMAL PAIRS EXAMPLES
Below, you can see the Portuguese Minimal Pairs Pronunciation Trainer for Anki in action. There are 2 different flashcard types for each Portuguese minimal pair, reflecting each word of the pair. The trainer’s flashcards include IPA and audio, so you can make sure that you pronounce and listen to the Portuguese words correctly.
BENEFITS OF THE PORTUGUESE MINIMAL PAIRS TRAINER
Learn the Top 143 Portuguese Minimal Pairs Examples
Start learning the top 143 Portuguese minimal pairs examples to improve your pronunciation and listening comprehension. As a bonus, you’ll learn common Portuguese words as our minimal pair words are sourced from the 10,000 frequently used Portuguese words. The Trainer shows each minimal pair words on a flashcard, along with its Portuguese IPA to help you with pronunciation.
Pronounce Portuguese Minimal Pair Words Correctly With Native Audios
Each flashcard contains an audio of the minimal pair words spoken by a Portuguese native to help you pronounce correctly the Portuguese word in the Portuguese accent. You also have the option to replay the audios of the minimal pair words so that you can really hone in on the differences in Portuguese sounds.
Test Your Pronunciation & Listening Comprehension with Portuguese Minimal Pairs Examples
Use spaced repetition included in our Portuguese Minimal Pairs Anki deck so that you can regularly check your knowledge of Portuguese sounds and the differences between them. See how you’re progressing, and focus only on the most difficult Portuguese minimal pairs.
Hear from the hundreds of language learners who use our Anki decks and love them!
“Speakada uses diverse methods of teaching and learning, from visual to vocal, which all makes it easy to learn.”
“I’ve been able to tweak my pronunciation, reducing the mistakes I make & increasing my memory of new words.”
“Speakada motivates me by adapting to my schedule. I can learn in my own time. Now language learning is more fun.”
“Thanks to Speakada I was able to save hours making flashcards and instead, focus on learning with confidence.”
YOUR PURCHASE IS SAFE
Your purchase is safe. All credit card information is processed on a secure server by a trusted payment service provider, such as Stripe. If you buy and receive our product, but it is significantly different from our original description on our website, then simply email us within 7 days to request a refund.