WHAT ARE THE FRENCH MINIMAL PAIRS PRONUNCIATION FLASHCARDS?
The “French Minimal Pairs Examples Flashcards for Anki” are a specially designed pronunciation flashcard deck for Anki, to help you hear, pronounce and memorize the most common French minimal pairs. This digital flashcard deck features audio and IPA to reinforce your learning and make them more memorable for you.
Minimal pairs are pairs of French words that sound very similar but have just 1 sound that differs between them.
Take for example ‘comment’ (IPA: /kɔ.mɑ̃/ ) meaning how and ‘commun’ (IPA: /kɔ.mœ̃/ ) meaning common. These 2 words sound very similar but have different meanings.
When learning French, it is important to recognize the difference between these French minimal pairs to improve your listening and speaking skills.
This is an essential Anki deck for those learning French in order to learn pronunciation and improve your listening skills. We recommend learning the French alphabet and French IPA first before using the French minimal pairs deck. This is an exclusive deck only available in the French pronunciation bundle.
SAVE TIME WITH OUR PRE-MADE ANKI FRENCH MINIMAL PAIRS FLASHCARDS
Although you can create your own set of flashcards for free, it can be very overwhelming especially if you don’t have any experience using Anki. To create an Anki deck from scratch can be time-consuming. On average it takes 3 minutes to create just 1 card. Our French minimal pairs flashcards has a total of 514 cards and if you were to create your own from scratch it’ll take 25 hours just on card creation alone. This doesn’t include sourcing native audios, learning how to use Anki and studying the cards.
That’s why we created our own Anki French minimal pairs examples flashcards for you. It is quick to install and allows you to not only save time but allows you to focus on learning the differences in sound between the most common French words.
Flashcards: 514 (257 French Minimal Pairs Examples x 2 Card Types)
Time: Approx. 2-3 months to Complete
Difficulty: Easy/ Beginners
Anki French Minimal Pairs Examples Flashcards:This is a set of 514 Anki flashcards pre-made for French learners. Each flashcard contains 2 French words, the IPA of the words and native audio. By using this Anki deck you will be able to:
- Pronounce each type of sound found in French language correctly with IPA and native French pronunciation audios
- Test yourself to hear the differences between very similar-sounding French words, thereby, improving your listening comprehension
- Be familiar with several common French words, as our minimal pair words come from the 10,000 most frequently used French words.
- Gain more confidence to learn more of the French Language
Who is this for?
This is for individuals who are beginners in learning French. The pre-made Anki deck is suitable for individuals who would like to start learning the basics of French without the hassle and time-consuming process of creating your own French minimal pairs flashcards from scratch. If you are struggling to hear or pronounce the difference between words that sound similar, this deck will help you practice and learn the minimal pairs found in the top 10,000 words in French. We suggest learning French minimal pairs after you have learnt the French alphabet and French IPA.
Where are the French Minimal Pair Words Sourced From?
We developed our own process to painstakingly analyze the top 10,000 most frequent words in French. We found a list of top minimal pairs from those most common 10,000 French words. Our technology discovered pairs of words that sound similar but have just 1 sound that is different. Due to those slight sound differences, those minimal pair words have very distinct meanings. Although, French learners can often be mispronounced or misunderstand these minimal pairs when speaking French and listening to French.
What Is Included?
- 514 flashcards already made for you to learn the 257 most common French minimal pairs examples. Each flashcard includes the minimal pair of French words, their IPA, and native audio.
- The Anki French Minimal Pairs Examples Flashcards set uses 2 different types of flashcards, which is 1 flashcard for each minimal pair word.
- Ready to install Anki flashcard deck to start learning French instantly!
What Will I Learn?
- Learn French Pronunciation with Minimal Pairs – Get familiar with the 257 most common French sounds via French minimal pair words, which are part of the fundamentals of the entire French language. The Trainer includes a flashcard for each minimal pair, which includes an IPA and native audio for each word to help you with the correct pronunciation. You’ll learn minimal pair words that contrast the following French sounds in French:
- /p/ vs /b/, /p/ vs /t/, /p/ vs /d/, /p/ vs /k/, /p/ vs /ɡ/, /p/ vs /m/, /p/ vs /n/, /p/ vs /f/, /p/ vs /v/, /p/ vs /s/, /p/ vs /z/, /p/ vs /ʃ/, /p/ vs /ʒ/, /p/ vs /ʁ/, /p/ vs /l/, /p/ vs /j/, /p/ vs /w/, /b/ vs /t/, /b/ vs /d/, /b/ vs /k/, /b/ vs /ɡ/, /b/ vs /m/, /b/ vs /n/, /b/ vs /f/, /b/ vs /v/, /b/ vs /s/, /b/ vs /ʃ/, /b/ vs /ʒ/, /b/ vs /ʁ/, /b/ vs /l/, /b/ vs /j/, /b/ vs /ɥ/, /t/ vs /d/, /t/ vs /k/, /t/ vs /ɡ/, /t/ vs /m/, /t/ vs /n/, /t/ vs /ɲ/, /t/ vs /f/, /t/ vs /v/, /t/ vs /s/, /t/ vs /z/, /t/ vs /ʃ/, /t/ vs /ʒ/, /t/ vs /ʁ/, /t/ vs /l/, /t/ vs /j/, /t/ vs /w/, /d/ vs /k/, /d/ vs /ɡ/, /d/ vs /m/, /d/ vs /n/, /d/ vs /f/, /d/ vs /v/, /d/ vs /s/, /d/ vs /z/, /d/ vs /ʃ/, /d/ vs /ʒ/, /d/ vs /ʁ/, /d/ vs /l/, /d/ vs /j/, /d/ vs /ɥ/, /k/ vs /ɡ/, /k/ vs /m/, /k/ vs /n/, /k/ vs /ɲ/, /k/ vs /f/, /k/ vs /v/, /k/ vs /s/, /k/ vs /z/, /k/ vs /ʃ/, /k/ vs /ʒ/, /k/ vs /ʁ/, /k/ vs /l/, /k/ vs /j/, /k/ vs /w/, /k/ vs /ɥ/, /ɡ/ vs /m/, /ɡ/ vs /n/, /ɡ/ vs /ɲ/, /ɡ/ vs /f/, /ɡ/ vs /v/, /ɡ/ vs /s/, /ɡ/ vs /ʃ/, /ɡ/ vs /ʁ/, /ɡ/ vs /l/, /ɡ/ vs /j/, /m/ vs /n/, /m/ vs /ɲ/, /m/ vs /f/, /m/ vs /v/, /m/ vs /s/, /m/ vs /z/, /m/ vs /ʃ/, /m/ vs /ʒ/, /m/ vs /ʁ/, /m/ vs /l/, /m/ vs /j/, /m/ vs /w/, /m/ vs /ɥ/, /n/ vs /ɲ/, /n/ vs /f/, /n/ vs /v/, /n/ vs /s/, /n/ vs /z/, /n/ vs /ʃ/, /n/ vs /ʒ/, /n/ vs /ʁ/, /n/ vs /l/, /n/ vs /j/, /n/ vs /w/, /ɲ/ vs /s/, /ɲ/ vs /z/, /ɲ/ vs /ʒ/, /ɲ/ vs /ʁ/, /f/ vs /v/, /f/ vs /s/, /f/ vs /z/, /f/ vs /ʃ/, /f/ vs /ʒ/, /f/ vs /ʁ/, /f/ vs /l/, /f/ vs /j/, /v/ vs /s/, /v/ vs /z/, /v/ vs /ʃ/, /v/ vs /ʒ/, /v/ vs /ʁ/, /v/ vs /l/, /v/ vs /j/, /v/ vs /w/, /v/ vs /ɥ/, /s/ vs /z/, /s/ vs /ʃ/, /s/ vs /ʒ/, /s/ vs /ʁ/, /s/ vs /l/, /s/ vs /j/, /s/ vs /w/, /s/ vs /ɥ/, /z/ vs /ʃ/, /z/ vs /ʒ/, /z/ vs /ʁ/, /z/ vs /l/, /z/ vs /j/, /ʃ/ vs /ʒ/, /ʃ/ vs /ʁ/, /ʃ/ vs /l/, /ʃ/ vs /j/, /ʒ/ vs /ʁ/, /ʒ/ vs /l/, /ʒ/ vs /j/, /ʒ/ vs /w/, /ʁ/ vs /l/, /ʁ/ vs /j/, /ʁ/ vs /w/, /ʁ/ vs /ɥ/, /l/ vs /j/, /l/ vs /w/, /j/ vs /w/, /w/ vs /ɥ/, /i/ vs /y/, /i/ vs /u/, /i/ vs /e/, /i/ vs /ø/, /i/ vs /ə/, /i/ vs /o/, /i/ vs /ɛ/, /i/ vs /ɛ̃/, /i/ vs /œ/, /i/ vs /œ̃/, /i/ vs /ɔ/, /i/ vs /ɔ̃/, /i/ vs /a/, /i/ vs /ɑ̃/, /y/ vs /u/, /y/ vs /e/, /y/ vs /ø/, /y/ vs /ə/, /y/ vs /o/, /y/ vs /ɛ/, /y/ vs /ɛ̃/, /y/ vs /œ/, /y/ vs /œ̃/, /y/ vs /ɔ/, /y/ vs /ɔ̃/, /y/ vs /a/, /y/ vs /ɑ̃/, /u/ vs /e/, /u/ vs /ø/, /u/ vs /ə/, /u/ vs /o/, /u/ vs /ɛ/, /u/ vs /ɛ̃/, /u/ vs /œ/, /u/ vs /œ̃/, /u/ vs /ɔ/, /u/ vs /ɔ̃/, /u/ vs /a/, /u/ vs /ɑ̃/, /e/ vs /ø/, /e/ vs /ə/, /e/ vs /o/, /e/ vs /ɛ/, /e/ vs /ɛ̃/, /e/ vs /œ̃/, /e/ vs /ɔ/, /e/ vs /ɔ̃/, /e/ vs /a/, /e/ vs /ɑ̃/, /ø/ vs /ə/, /ø/ vs /o/, /ø/ vs /ɛ/, /ø/ vs /ɛ̃/, /ø/ vs /œ̃/, /ø/ vs /ɔ/, /ø/ vs /ɔ̃/, /ø/ vs /a/, /ø/ vs /ɑ̃/, /ə/ vs /o/, /ə/ vs /ɛ/, /ə/ vs /ɛ̃/, /ə/ vs /œ̃/, /ə/ vs /ɔ/, /ə/ vs /ɔ̃/, /ə/ vs /a/, /ə/ vs /ɑ̃/, /o/ vs /ɛ/, /o/ vs /ɛ̃/, /o/ vs /œ/, /o/ vs /œ̃/, /o/ vs /ɔ̃/, /o/ vs /a/, /o/ vs /ɑ̃/, /ɛ/ vs /ɛ̃/, /ɛ/ vs /œ/, /ɛ/ vs /œ̃/, /ɛ/ vs /ɔ/, /ɛ/ vs /ɔ̃/, /ɛ/ vs /a/, /ɛ/ vs /ɑ̃/, /ɛ̃/ vs /œ̃/, /ɛ̃/ vs /ɔ/, /ɛ̃/ vs /ɔ̃/, /ɛ̃/ vs /a/, /ɛ̃/ vs /ɑ̃/, /œ/ vs /ɔ/, /œ/ vs /a/, /œ̃/ vs /ɔ̃/, /œ̃/ vs /a/, /œ̃/ vs /ɑ̃/, /ɔ/ vs /ɔ̃/, /ɔ/ vs /a/, /ɔ/ vs /ɑ̃/, /ɔ̃/ vs /a/, /ɔ̃/ vs /ɑ̃/, /a/ vs /ɑ̃/
- Test Your Knowledge of the French Minimal Pairs – Use spaced repetition included in our French Minimal Pair Pronunciation Anki deck so that you can regularly check your listening comprehension and pronunciation of the French minimal words, and see how you’re progressing, and focus only on the most difficult French sounds.
- Memorize French pronunciation easily – As you study the French Minimal Pairs Trainer over 2 to 3 months, you will have memorized all of the top 257 most common French minimal pair words and sounds of the French language. Then, you’ll have more confidence speaking and listening in French and take your French study even further.
2 FLASHCARD TYPES FOR EACH OF THE 257 FRENCH MINIMAL PAIRS EXAMPLES
Below, you can see the French Minimal Pairs Pronunciation Trainer for Anki in action. There are 2 different flashcard types for each French minimal pair, reflecting each word of the pair. The trainer’s flashcards include IPA and audio, so you can make sure that you pronounce and listen to the French words correctly.
BENEFITS OF THE FRENCH MINIMAL PAIRS TRAINER
Learn the Top 257 French Minimal Pairs Examples
Start learning the top 257 French minimal pairs examples to improve your pronunciation and listening comprehension. As a bonus, you’ll learn common French words as our minimal pair words are sourced from the 10,000 frequently used French words. The Trainer shows each minimal pair words on a flashcard, along with its French IPA to help you with pronunciation.
Pronounce French Minimal Pair Words Correctly With Native Audios
Each flashcard contains an audio of the minimal pair words spoken by a French native to help you pronounce correctly the French word in the French accent. You also have the option to replay the audios of the minimal pair words so that you can really hone in on the differences in French sounds.
Test Your Pronunciation & Listening Comprehension with French Minimal Pairs Examples
Use spaced repetition included in our French Minimal Pairs Anki deck so that you can regularly check your knowledge of French sounds and the differences between them. See how you’re progressing, and focus only on the most difficult French minimal pairs.
Hear from the hundreds of language learners who use our Anki decks and love them!
“Speakada uses diverse methods of teaching and learning, from visual to vocal, which all makes it easy to learn.”
“I’ve been able to tweak my pronunciation, reducing the mistakes I make & increasing my memory of new words.”
“Speakada motivates me by adapting to my schedule. I can learn in my own time. Now language learning is more fun.”
“Thanks to Speakada I was able to save hours making flashcards and instead, focus on learning with confidence.”
YOUR PURCHASE IS SAFE
Your purchase is safe. All credit card information is processed on a secure server by a trusted payment service provider, such as Stripe. If you buy and receive our product, but it is significantly different from our original description on our website, then simply email us within 7 days to request a refund.