WHAT ARE THE ENGLISH MINIMAL PAIRS PRONUNCIATION FLASHCARDS?
The “English Minimal Pairs Examples Flashcards for Anki” are a specially designed pronunciation flashcard deck for Anki, to help you hear, pronounce and memorize the most common English minimal pairs. This digital flashcard deck features audio and IPA to reinforce your learning and make them more memorable for you.
Minimal pairs are pairs of English words that sound very similar but have just 1 sound that differs between them.
Take for example ‘teeth’ (IPA: /tiːθ/ ) and ‘teach’ (IPA: / tiːt͡ʃ / ). These 2 words sound very similar but have very different meanings.
When learning English, it is important to recognize the difference between these English minimal pairs to improve your listening and speaking skills.
This is an essential Anki deck for those learning English in order to learn pronunciation and improve your listening skills. We recommend learning the English alphabet, English IPA first before using the English minimal pairs deck. This deck is only available in the English pronunciation bundle.
SAVE TIME WITH OUR PRE-MADE ANKI ENGLISH MINIMAL PAIRS FLASHCARDS
Although you can create your own set of flashcards for free, it can be very overwhelming especially if you don’t have any experience using Anki. To create an Anki deck from scratch can be time-consuming. On average it takes 3 minutes to create just 1 card. Our English minimal pairs flashcards has a total of 556 cards and if you were to create your own from scratch it’ll take 28 hours just on card creation alone. This doesn’t include sourcing native audios, learning how to use Anki and studying the cards.
That’s why we created our own Anki English minimal pairs examples flashcards for you. It is quick to install and allows you to not only save time but allows you to focus on learning the differences in sound between the most common English words.
Language: English (Received Pronunciation or General American English)
Flashcards: 556 (278 English Minimal Pairs Examples x 2 Card Types)
Time: Approx. 2-3 months to Complete
Difficulty: Easy/ Beginners
Anki English Minimal Pairs Examples Flashcards:This is a set of 556 Anki flashcards pre-made for English learners. Each flashcard contains 2 English words, the IPA of the words and native audio. By using this Anki deck you will be able to:
- Pronounce each type of sound found in English language correctly with IPA and native English pronunciation audios
- Test yourself to hear the differences between very similar-sounding English words, thereby, improving your listening comprehension
- Be familiar with several common English words, as our minimal pair words come from the 10,000 most frequently used English words.
- Gain more confidence to learn more of the English (Received Pronunciation or General American English) Language
Who is this for?
This is for individuals who are beginners in learning English. The pre-made Anki deck is suitable for individuals who would like to start learning the basics of English without the hassle and time-consuming process of creating your own English minimal pairs flashcards from scratch. If you are struggling to hear or pronounce the difference between words that sound similar, this deck will help you practice and learn the minimal pairs found in the top 10,000 words in English. We suggest learning English minimal pairs after you have learnt the English alphabet, English numbers and English IPA.
Where are the English Minimal Pair Words Sourced From?
We developed our own process to painstakingly analyze the top 10,000 most frequent words in English. We found a list of top minimal pairs from those most common 10,000 English words. Our technology discovered pairs of words that sound similar but have just 1 sound that is different. Due to those slight sound differences, those minimal pair words have very distinct meanings. Although, English learners can often be mispronounced or misunderstand these minimal pairs when speaking English and listening to English.
What Is Included?
- 556 flashcards already made for you to learn the 278 most common English minimal pairs examples. Each flashcard includes the minimal pair of English words, their IPA, and native audio.
- The Anki English Minimal Pairs Examples Flashcards set uses 2 different types of flashcards, which is 1 flashcard for each minimal pair word.
- Ready to install Anki flashcard deck to start learning English instantly!
What Will I Learn?
- Learn English Pronunciation with Minimal Pairs – Get familiar with the 278 most common English sounds via English minimal pair words, which are part of the fundamentals of the entire English language. The Trainer includes a flashcard for each minimal pair, which includes an IPA and native audio for each word to help you with the correct pronunciation. You’ll learn minimal pair words that contrast the following English sounds in English:
- /b/ vs /p/, /t/ vs /p/, /t/ vs /b/, /t͡ʃ/ vs /p/, /t͡ʃ/ vs /b/, /t͡ʃ/ vs /t/, /d/ vs /p/, /d/ vs /b/, /d/ vs /t/, /d/ vs /t͡ʃ/, /d͡ʒ/ vs /p/, /d͡ʒ/ vs /b/, /d͡ʒ/ vs /t/, /d͡ʒ/ vs /t͡ʃ/, /d͡ʒ/ vs /d/, /k/ vs /p/, /k/ vs /b/, /k/ vs /t/, /k/ vs /t͡ʃ/, /k/ vs /d/, /k/ vs /d͡ʒ/, /ɡ/ vs /p/, /ɡ/ vs /b/, /ɡ/ vs /t/, /ɡ/ vs /t͡ʃ/, /ɡ/ vs /d/, /ɡ/ vs /d͡ʒ/, /ɡ/ vs /k/, /m/ vs /p/, /m/ vs /b/, /m/ vs /t/, /m/ vs /t͡ʃ/, /m/ vs /d/, /m/ vs /d͡ʒ/, /m/ vs /k/, /m/ vs /ɡ/, /n/ vs /p/, /n/ vs /b/, /n/ vs /t/, /n/ vs /t͡ʃ/, /n/ vs /d/, /n/ vs /d͡ʒ/, /n/ vs /k/, /n/ vs /ɡ/, /n/ vs /m/, /ŋ/ vs /p/, /ŋ/ vs /b/, /ŋ/ vs /t/, /ŋ/ vs /t͡ʃ/, /ŋ/ vs /d/, /ŋ/ vs /d͡ʒ/, /ŋ/ vs /k/, /ŋ/ vs /ɡ/, /ŋ/ vs /m/, /ŋ/ vs /n/, /f/ vs /p/, /f/ vs /b/, /f/ vs /t/, /f/ vs /t͡ʃ/, /f/ vs /d/, /f/ vs /d͡ʒ/, /f/ vs /k/, /f/ vs /ɡ/, /f/ vs /m/, /f/ vs /n/, /f/ vs /ŋ/, /v/ vs /p/, /v/ vs /b/, /v/ vs /t/, /v/ vs /t͡ʃ/, /v/ vs /d/, /v/ vs /d͡ʒ/, /v/ vs /k/, /v/ vs /ɡ/, /v/ vs /m/, /v/ vs /n/, /v/ vs /ŋ/, /v/ vs /f/, /θ/ vs /p/, /θ/ vs /b/, /θ/ vs /t/, /θ/ vs /t͡ʃ/, /θ/ vs /d/, /θ/ vs /d͡ʒ/, /θ/ vs /k/, /θ/ vs /ɡ/, /θ/ vs /m/, /θ/ vs /n/, /θ/ vs /ŋ/, /θ/ vs /f/, /θ/ vs /v/, /ð/ vs /p/, /ð/ vs /b/, /ð/ vs /t/, /ð/ vs /t͡ʃ/, /ð/ vs /d/, /ð/ vs /d͡ʒ/, /ð/ vs /k/, /ð/ vs /ɡ/, /ð/ vs /m/, /ð/ vs /n/, /ð/ vs /ŋ/, /ð/ vs /f/, /ð/ vs /v/, /s/ vs /p/, /s/ vs /b/, /s/ vs /t/, /s/ vs /t͡ʃ/, /s/ vs /d/, /s/ vs /d͡ʒ/, /s/ vs /k/, /s/ vs /ɡ/, /s/ vs /m/, /s/ vs /n/, /s/ vs /ŋ/, /s/ vs /f/, /s/ vs /v/, /s/ vs /θ/, /s/ vs /ð/, /z/ vs /p/, /z/ vs /b/, /z/ vs /t/, /z/ vs /t͡ʃ/, /z/ vs /d/, /z/ vs /d͡ʒ/, /z/ vs /k/, /z/ vs /ɡ/, /z/ vs /m/, /z/ vs /n/, /z/ vs /ŋ/, /z/ vs /f/, /z/ vs /v/, /z/ vs /θ/, /z/ vs /ð/, /z/ vs /s/, /ʃ/ vs /p/, /ʃ/ vs /b/, /ʃ/ vs /t/, /ʃ/ vs /t͡ʃ/, /ʃ/ vs /d/, /ʃ/ vs /d͡ʒ/, /ʃ/ vs /k/, /ʃ/ vs /ɡ/, /ʃ/ vs /m/, /ʃ/ vs /n/, /ʃ/ vs /ŋ/, /ʃ/ vs /f/, /ʃ/ vs /v/, /ʃ/ vs /θ/, /ʃ/ vs /ð/, /ʃ/ vs /s/, /ʃ/ vs /z/, /ʒ/ vs /d/, /ʒ/ vs /s/, /ʒ/ vs /z/, /ɹ/ vs /p/, /ɹ/ vs /b/, /ɹ/ vs /t/, /ɹ/ vs /t͡ʃ/, /ɹ/ vs /d/, /ɹ/ vs /d͡ʒ/, /ɹ/ vs /k/, /ɹ/ vs /ɡ/, /ɹ/ vs /m/, /ɹ/ vs /n/, /ɹ/ vs /ŋ/, /ɹ/ vs /f/, /ɹ/ vs /v/, /ɹ/ vs /θ/, /ɹ/ vs /ð/, /ɹ/ vs /s/, /ɹ/ vs /z/, /ɹ/ vs /ʃ/, /l/ vs /p/, /l/ vs /b/, /l/ vs /t/, /l/ vs /t͡ʃ/, /l/ vs /d/, /l/ vs /d͡ʒ/, /l/ vs /k/, /l/ vs /ɡ/, /l/ vs /m/, /l/ vs /n/, /l/ vs /ŋ/, /l/ vs /f/, /l/ vs /v/, /l/ vs /θ/, /l/ vs /ð/, /l/ vs /s/, /l/ vs /z/, /l/ vs /ʃ/, /l/ vs /ʒ/, /l/ vs /ɹ/, /j/ vs /p/, /j/ vs /b/, /j/ vs /t/, /j/ vs /t͡ʃ/, /j/ vs /d/, /j/ vs /d͡ʒ/, /j/ vs /ɡ/, /j/ vs /m/, /j/ vs /n/, /j/ vs /f/, /j/ vs /v/, /j/ vs /s/, /j/ vs /z/, /j/ vs /ʃ/, /j/ vs /ɹ/, /j/ vs /l/, /w/ vs /p/, /w/ vs /b/, /w/ vs /t/, /w/ vs /t͡ʃ/, /w/ vs /d/, /w/ vs /d͡ʒ/, /w/ vs /k/, /w/ vs /ɡ/, /w/ vs /m/, /w/ vs /n/, /w/ vs /f/, /w/ vs /v/, /w/ vs /θ/, /w/ vs /ð/, /w/ vs /s/, /w/ vs /z/, /w/ vs /ʃ/, /w/ vs /ɹ/, /w/ vs /l/, /w/ vs /j/, /ɪ/ vs /i/, /u/ vs /i/, /u/ vs /ɪ/, /ʊ/ vs /i/, /ʊ/ vs /ɪ/, /ʊ/ vs /u/, /ɛ/ vs /i/, /ɛ/ vs /ɪ/, /ɛ/ vs /u/, /ɛ/ vs /ʊ/, /ɜ/ vs /i/, /ɜ/ vs /ɪ/, /ɜ/ vs /u/, /ɜ/ vs /ʊ/, /ɜ/ vs /ɛ/, /ə/ vs /i/, /ə/ vs /ɪ/, /ə/ vs /ɛ/, /ɔ/ vs /i/, /ɔ/ vs /ɪ/, /ɔ/ vs /u/, /ɔ/ vs /ʊ/, /ɔ/ vs /ɛ/, /ɔ/ vs /ɜ/, /ɔ/ vs /ə/, /æ/ vs /i/, /æ/ vs /ɪ/, /æ/ vs /u/, /æ/ vs /ʊ/, /æ/ vs /ɛ/, /æ/ vs /ɜ/, /æ/ vs /ɔ/, /ʌ/ vs /i/, /ʌ/ vs /ɪ/, /ʌ/ vs /u/, /ʌ/ vs /ʊ/, /ʌ/ vs /ɛ/, /ʌ/ vs /ɔ/, /ʌ/ vs /æ/, /ɑ/ vs /i/, /ɑ/ vs /ɪ/, /ɑ/ vs /u/, /ɑ/ vs /ʊ/, /ɑ/ vs /ɛ/, /ɑ/ vs /ɜ/, /ɑ/ vs /ə/, /ɑ/ vs /ɔ/, /ɑ/ vs /æ/, /ɑ/ vs /ʌ/
- Test Your Knowledge of the English Minimal Pairs – Use spaced repetition included in our English Minimal Pair Pronunciation Anki deck so that you can regularly check your listening comprehension and pronunciation of the English minimal words, and see how you’re progressing, and focus only on the most difficult English sounds.
- Memorize English pronunciation easily – As you study the English Minimal Pairs Trainer over 2 to 3 months, you will have memorized all of the top 278 most common English minimal pair words and sounds of the English language. Then, you’ll have more confidence speaking and listening in English and take your English study even further.
2 FLASHCARD TYPES FOR EACH OF THE 278 ENGLISH MINIMAL PAIRS EXAMPLES
Below, you can see the English Minimal Pairs Pronunciation Trainer for Anki in action. There are 2 different flashcard types for each English minimal pair, reflecting each word of the pair. The trainer’s flashcards include IPA and audio, so you can make sure that you pronounce and listen to the English words correctly.
BENEFITS OF THE ENGLISH MINIMAL PAIRS TRAINER
Learn the Top 278 English Minimal Pairs Examples
Start learning the top 278 English minimal pairs examples to improve your pronunciation and listening comprehension. As a bonus, you’ll learn common English words as our minimal pair words are sourced from the 10,000 frequently used English words. The Trainer shows each minimal pair words on a flashcard, along with its English IPA to help you with pronunciation.
Pronounce English Minimal Pair Words Correctly With Native Audios
Each flashcard contains an audio of the minimal pair words spoken by a English native to help you pronounce correctly the English word in the English accent. You also have the option to replay the audios of the minimal pair words so that you can really hone in on the differences in English sounds.
Test Your Pronunciation & Listening Comprehension with English Minimal Pairs Examples
Use spaced repetition included in our English Minimal Pairs Anki deck so that you can regularly check your knowledge of English sounds and the differences between them. See how you’re progressing, and focus only on the most difficult English minimal pairs.
Hear from the hundreds of language learners who use our Anki decks and love them!
“Speakada uses diverse methods of teaching and learning, from visual to vocal, which all makes it easy to learn.”
“I’ve been able to tweak my pronunciation, reducing the mistakes I make & increasing my memory of new words.”
“Speakada motivates me by adapting to my schedule. I can learn in my own time. Now language learning is more fun.”
“Thanks to Speakada I was able to save hours making flashcards and instead, focus on learning with confidence.”
YOUR PURCHASE IS SAFE
Your purchase is safe. All credit card information is processed on a secure server by a trusted payment service provider, such as Stripe. If you buy and receive our product, but it is significantly different from our original description on our website, then simply email us within 7 days to request a refund.