WHAT ARE THE GERMAN MINIMAL PAIRS PRONUNCIATION FLASHCARDS?
The “German Minimal Pairs Examples Flashcards for Anki” are a specially designed pronunciation flashcard deck for Anki, to help you hear, pronounce and memorize the most common German minimal pairs. This digital flashcard deck features audio and IPA to reinforce your learning and make them more memorable for you.
Minimal pairs are pairs of German words that sound very similar but have just 1 sound that differs between them.
Take for example ‘stehlt’ (IPA: /’ʃte:lt/ ) meaning steal and ‘stellt’ (IPA: /’ʃtɛlt/ ) meaning provides. These 2 words sound very similar but have different meanings.
When learning German, it is important to recognize the difference between these German minimal pairs to improve your listening and speaking skills.
This is an essential Anki deck for those learning German in order to learn pronunciation and improve your listening skills. We recommend learning the German alphabet and German IPA first before using the German minimal pairs deck. This is an exclusive deck only available in the German pronunciation bundle.
SAVE TIME WITH OUR PRE-MADE ANKI GERMAN MINIMAL PAIRS FLASHCARDS
Although you can create your own set of flashcards for free, it can be very overwhelming especially if you don’t have any experience using Anki. To create an Anki deck from scratch can be time-consuming. On average it takes 3 minutes to create just 1 card. Our German minimal pairs flashcards has a total of 422 cards and if you were to create your own from scratch it’ll take 17 hours just on card creation alone. This doesn’t include sourcing native audios, learning how to use Anki and studying the cards.
That’s why we created our own Anki German minimal pairs examples flashcards for you. It is quick to install and allows you to not only save time but allows you to focus on learning the differences in sound between the most common German words.
Flashcards: 422 (211 German Minimal Pairs Examples x 2 Card Types)
Time: Approx. 2-3 months to Complete
Difficulty: Easy/ Beginners
Anki German Minimal Pairs Examples Flashcards:This is a set of 422 Anki flashcards pre-made for German learners. Each flashcard contains 2 German words, the IPA of the words and native audio. By using this Anki deck you will be able to:
- Pronounce each type of sound found in German language correctly with IPA and native German pronunciation audios
- Test yourself to hear the differences between very similar-sounding German words, thereby, improving your listening comprehension
- Be familiar with several common German words, as our minimal pair words come from the 10,000 most frequently used German words, where possible.
- Gain more confidence to learn more of the German Language
Who is this for?
This is for individuals who are beginners in learning German. The pre-made Anki deck is suitable for individuals who would like to start learning the basics of German without the hassle and time-consuming process of creating your own German minimal pairs flashcards from scratch. If you are struggling to hear or pronounce the difference between words that sound similar, this deck will help you practice and learn the minimal pairs found in the top 10,000 words in German, as most of the words come from there where possible. We suggest learning German minimal pairs after you have learnt the German alphabet and German IPA.
Where are the German Minimal Pair Words Sourced From?
We developed our own process to painstakingly analyze the top 10,000 most frequent words in German, and many others. We found a list of top minimal pairs from those most common 10,000 German words, where possible. Our technology discovered pairs of words that sound similar but have just 1 sound that is different. Due to those slight sound differences, those minimal pair words have very distinct meanings. Although, German learners can often be mispronounced or misunderstand these minimal pairs when speaking German and listening to German.
What Is Included?
- 422 flashcards already made for you to learn the 211 most common German minimal pairs examples. Each flashcard includes the minimal pair of German words, their IPA, and native audio.
- The Anki German Minimal Pairs Examples Flashcards set uses 2 different types of flashcards, which is 1 flashcard for each minimal pair word.
- Ready to install Anki flashcard deck to start learning German instantly!
What Will I Learn?
- Learn German Pronunciation with Minimal Pairs – Get familiar with the 211 most common German sounds via German minimal pair words, which are part of the fundamentals of the entire German language. The Trainer includes a flashcard for each minimal pair, which includes an IPA and native audio for each word to help you with the correct pronunciation. You’ll learn minimal pair words that contrast the following German sounds in German:
- Consonants (“middle -b-” vs “final -b (=’p’)”; “middle -d-” vs “final -d (=’t’)”; “v” vs “w”; “ich-Laut” vs “ach-Laut”; “s” vs “ss”; “z” vs “s”; “l” vs “r”; “englisches l” vs “deutsches l”), Long And Short Vowels (“langes a” vs “kurzes a”; “langes e” vs “kurzes e”; “langes i” vs “kurzes i”; “langes o” vs “kurzes o”; “langes u” vs “kurzes u”), Vowels with Umlaut (“langes e” vs “langes ö”; “langes o” vs “langes ö”; “kurzes e” vs “kurzes ö”; “kurzes o” vs “kurzes ö”; “langes e” vs “langes ä”; “langes ie” vs “langes ü”; “langes u” vs “langes ü”; “kurzes i” vs “kurzes ü”; “kurzes u” vs “kurzes ü”; “kurzes e” vs “kurzes ä”), Vowels with Diphthongs and Other Combinations (“ei” vs “ie”; “au” vs “äu / eu”; “eu / äu” vs “ei”)
- Test Your Knowledge of the German Minimal Pairs – Use spaced repetition included in our German Minimal Pair Pronunciation Anki deck so that you can regularly check your listening comprehension and pronunciation of the German minimal words, and see how you’re progressing, and focus only on the most difficult German sounds.
- Memorize German pronunciation easily – As you study the German Minimal Pairs Trainer over 2 to 3 months, you will have memorized all of the top 211 most common German minimal pair words and sounds of the German language. Then, you’ll have more confidence speaking and listening in German and take your German study even further.
2 FLASHCARD TYPES FOR EACH OF THE 211 GERMAN MINIMAL PAIRS EXAMPLES
Below, you can see the German Minimal Pairs Pronunciation Trainer for Anki in action. There are 2 different flashcard types for each German minimal pair, reflecting each word of the pair. The trainer’s flashcards include IPA and audio, so you can make sure that you pronounce and listen to the German words correctly.
BENEFITS OF THE GERMAN MINIMAL PAIRS TRAINER
Learn the Top 211 German Minimal Pairs Examples
Start learning the top 211 German minimal pairs examples to improve your pronunciation and listening comprehension. As a bonus, you’ll learn common German words as our minimal pair words are sourced from the 10,000 frequently used German words, where possible. The Trainer shows each minimal pair words on a flashcard, along with its German IPA to help you with pronunciation.
Pronounce German Minimal Pair Words Correctly With Native Audios
Each flashcard contains an audio of the minimal pair words spoken by a German native to help you pronounce correctly the German word in the German accent. You also have the option to replay the audios of the minimal pair words so that you can really hone in on the differences in German sounds.
Test Your Pronunciation & Listening Comprehension with German Minimal Pairs Examples
Use spaced repetition included in our German Minimal Pairs Anki deck so that you can regularly check your knowledge of German sounds and the differences between them. See how you’re progressing, and focus only on the most difficult German minimal pairs.
Hear from the hundreds of language learners who use our Anki decks and love them!
“Speakada uses diverse methods of teaching and learning, from visual to vocal, which all makes it easy to learn.”
“I’ve been able to tweak my pronunciation, reducing the mistakes I make & increasing my memory of new words.”
“Speakada motivates me by adapting to my schedule. I can learn in my own time. Now language learning is more fun.”
“Thanks to Speakada I was able to save hours making flashcards and instead, focus on learning with confidence.”
YOUR PURCHASE IS SAFE
Your purchase is safe. All credit card information is processed on a secure server by a trusted payment service provider, such as PayPal. If you buy and receive our product, but it is significantly different from our original description on our website, then simply email us within 7 days to request a refund.